So how are you doing with those resolutions you made to spend a little more time on marketing your business in 2013?
Here are 5 quick and easy things you can do to promote your business before you even close this email.
Show your business some love today by doing 1 or 2 quick things to connect with your customers and prospects. It’s MUCH easier than exercising. I promise!
- Endorse someone on LinkedIn. It only takes a couple of clicks and your name will show up in your status feed and theirs. It’s instant visibility but be careful to only endorse skills you can truly vouch for.
- Follow your customers’ businesses on LinkedIn or Like them on Facebook. It’s both instant visibility for you and a compliment to them to be followed. It says “I’m thinking of you” with no strings attached.
- Forward an email or link to key colleagues. If you find something helpful, others will, too. All you have to add is “I thought of you when I read this.” Hint: try it with this one!
- Make a lunch date. You have to eat anyway. Invite a customer, colleague, or mentor. For the price of lunch you get inspiration, honest feedback, coaching, and socialization (the real kind). Almost everyone is flattered to be asked for advice over lunch or coffee. Hint: I’m available.
- Send 1 quick email that says “thinking of you” and/or “thank you” to someone who has been especially supportive of your business in the past year.
There. That wasn’t so hard, was it?